Guidelines & Application for Funding
2016 - 2017
Queen’s Annual Fund was established in May 1999 to support and enhance all aspects of the Queen’s experience for students. Unrestricted funds are raised annually from graduates and friends of the University.
The sum available this year will be dispersed as follows:
- £32,500 to the University's priority fundraising projects
- £32,500 to scholarships and bursaries
- £65,000 to projects that enhance the student experience
Previously the Fund has supported The McClay Library development, equipment for student clubs and societies, work experience and careers initiatives as well as a student safety campaign. Grants are typically £500 to £2,500. An exceptional project may be awarded up to £20,000.
The Queen’s University of Belfast Foundation, an independent charity, is responsible for dispersing the income raised through the Annual Fund.
2. Purpose of the Fund
Unrestricted income raised through the Annual Fund is used to enhance the student experience and is targeted at areas of urgent need.
3. Criteria For Awards
The Fund will:
- support projects that enhance the student experience by making a real and tangible difference to students
- champion projects of a transformational nature
- normally support a one-off specific initiative or start-up costs rather than offer recurring funding
The Fund will not support:
- individual requests for maintenance fees or scholarships
- project staff costs
- catering costs
- capital costs
- political parties
- pressure groups
PLEASE NOTE: A FULL BREAKDOWN OF COSTS MUST BE PROVIDED AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Thursday 20 October 2016. Decisions will be announced in the week of 21 November 2016 and it is a condition of acceptance that the project managers (or a suitable representative) must attend the Awards Presentation and photo-call on Tuesday, 13 December at 5.30pm.
Written feedback must be provided on the success of the project, for our communication and marketing purposes, by July 2016 if not sooner.
Top of Page