Development & Alumni Relations Office 



QUEEN'S GRADUATE TO HEAD UP WORLD-FAMOUS PAINT AND WALLPAPER MAKER, FARROW & BALL 

20 March 2018

Leading paint and wallpaper manufacturer Farrow & Ball has announced that it has appointed Queen’s graduate Anthony Davey (BA, 1993) as its new chief executive officer.

The Dorset-based firm has confirmed that effective from 30 April 2018, Mr Davey will assume the leadership role, taking over from its current chief executive officer Don Henshall who leaves after eight years with the company. 

A statement from the company announcing his appointment reads:

Premium paint and wallpaper manufacturer Farrow & Ball has announced that it has appointed Anthony Davey as its new chief executive officer.

The Dorset-based firm has confirmed that effective from 30 April 2018, Davey will assume the leadership role, taking over from its current chief executive officer Don Henshall who leaves after eight years with the company. 

Anthony Davey is a highly experienced, successful and well-regarded business leader with a strong commercial background, holding senior positions at Proctor & Gamble and most recently chief executive officer of GHD, the manufacturer of premium hair styling tools.

Born and raised in Belfast, Anthony Patrick Davey studied Politics and English at Queen’s, graduating with a BA in 1993. He is married to a fellow Queen’s graduate Alana Jackman (BMedSci), who graduated the same year. After leaving Queen’s Anthony undertook an MBA at the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University in Washington, DC.

Anthony has lived and worked in the US, Europe and Asia and holds US and European citizenship. From 1995-2014 he worked for Proctor & Gamble, holding a variety of posts, including Vice President and General Manager (2011-14), before taking over as CEO of GHD (Good Hair Day), manufacturer of hair straightening products.

Founded in 1946, Farrow & Ball is a global company, 25 per cent owned by management and employees, with the remaining 75 per cent owned by institutional investors including global asset management company, Ares Management. It currently employs around 300 people in the UK and 620 globally, and sells paint and wallpaper products in over 50 countries worldwide. 

Farrow & Ball recently reported a record 12 months up to March 2017, with revenues of £83.3m compared with £72.8m the year before. The business has also seen growth in its key markets in the UK, North America, France and Germany.

Further details can be found in the Bournemouth Daily Echo.

Media enquiries to press@farrow-ball.com. General enquiries to Gerry Power, Communications Officer, Development and Alumni Relations Office, Queen’s University Belfast, tel: +44 (0)28 9097 5321.

Photo credits: Farrow & Ball (main); insert Anthony Davey (LinkedIn)

 

Back to Main News

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

           

Top of Page